Have a headache? Struggling with a dry scalp? Feel tired, especially around the eyes? You are not alone. Every year millions of people will struggle with these symptoms and have no idea how to stop them from happening. Thankfully, there is a proven solution that will not only treat what is wrong but also leave you feeling fantastic afterwards.
Ever consider getting a head massage? Incredibly relaxing, head massages provide you with a great deal of relief and have the power to make an exhausting day feel new and exciting. A great thing about head massages is that you don’t need a professional massage therapist to have an amazing experience. Instead, you can get the same results with devices you can buy online. Below, we go into detail about the benefits of head massages. In addition, we reviewed the 5 best head massagers you should check before placing your first order.
- 1 Top 5 Head Massager Reviews
- 1.1 Breo iDream Eye and Head Massager Review
- 1.2 GESS 939 Head Eye Neck Massager With Vibration Massage, Heat Therapy, Acupressure, and Soothing Music
- 1.3 Kendal Head Eye Neck Massager With Vibration Massage, Heat Therapy, Acupressure, and Soothing Music
- 1.4 Pure Therapy PT200 Head & Eye Massager With Tension Relief Acupressure, Vibration, Heat, Compression, & Soothing Music
- 1.5 HoMedics HHP-350 Percussion Action Massager
- 2 Features of a Good Head Massager
- 3 Benefit of Head Massages
- 4 Conclusion
Top 5 Head Massager Reviews
Breo iDream Eye and Head Massager Review
Rating: 3.1 out of 5 Stars
The Breo iDream Head Massager is a device that fits on the head like a helmet and incorporates a series of different features to create a well-rounded head massage experience. There are 6 major massage elements, including air pressure, vibration, magnetic field, heat compression, point, and music. You can also download your own music onto the MP3 Player. With a clean look, the wireless controller allows for easily changing between different options without having to remove the head massager. At 2.5 pounds, it is lightweight.
Pros of the Breo iDream Head Massager
- Helps to decrease the pain associated with headaches and migraines
- Can target areas where physical damage causes chronic and acute pain
- Helps to move fluids around aiding those who have issues with their lymphatic nodes
- Requires no hands in order to sit back and enjoy the experience
- Some report it aiding in meditation by providing an all around relaxing experience
- While some will argue that minor improvements are needed, most at least enjoy the product
Cons of the Breo iDream Head Massager
- No neck massage is included
- Some people find that it does not fit correctly
- For the price, some were expecting more versatility
- There is only a single setting without the remote
- No customized massage experience available through the head massager
GESS 939 Head Eye Neck Massager With Vibration Massage, Heat Therapy, Acupressure, and Soothing Music
Cost: $XX to lower $XXX
Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Stars
The highest rated head massager in our list, the GESS 939 Head Massager combines several different massage techniques to create a fully rounded experience. Techniques include air pressure, multi-frequency vibration, acupressure point massage, magnetic field, infrared heat compression, and MP3 music option. It has been shown to provide relief for the head, neck, and eyes. In addition, it has helped many to remove fatigue and stress from their head and face. With a futuristic appearance akin to a Dubstep ensemble, many agree that the GESS 939 Head Massager provides a great massage experience.
Pros of the GESS 939 Head Massager
- Has a well liked massage experience
- Company is good at meeting requests
- Helps combat migraines
- Benefits those who suffer from stress, anxiety, and headaches
- Excellent cost compared to the competition
Cons of the GESS 939 Head Massager
- The vibration features leaves a lot to be desired
- Some find it hard to get the eye holes to match up properly
- Speakers aren’t the best and you may have difficulty hearing the music
Kendal Head Eye Neck Massager With Vibration Massage, Heat Therapy, Acupressure, and Soothing Music
Cost: $XX to lower $XXX
Rating: 2.2 out of 5 Stars
Where as the GESS is highly rated despite its low cost, the Kendal Head Eye Massager is the least liked head massager we will review. We include it as an example of what you should be aware of when purchasing head massagers. The Kendal Head Eye Massager includes 6 pre-set massage modes. It also has a sleek look that makes it appear futuristic and modern. Twice as heavy as similar models, the Kendal Head Eye Massager delivers a satisfying experience when working. The major issue with the head massager is that it stops working as well pretty quickly after purchase.
Pros of the Kendal Head Eye Massager
- Fantastic for smaller heads
- Generally enjoyed when working
- Lower in cost than a lot of the competition
- Massage and music is soothing
Cons of the Kendal Head Eye Massager
- Challenge for some heads to fit the device
- Can squeeze the head a little too much
- The control can be confusing and the screen difficult to read
- The headset frequently breaks after only a few months of use
Pure Therapy PT200 Head & Eye Massager With Tension Relief Acupressure, Vibration, Heat, Compression, & Soothing Music
Rating: 3.4 out of 5 Stars
The Pure Therapy PT200 Head Massager is our most expensive product reviewed in our list. It includes 4 air pressure massage settings along with 4 vibration modes to exercise muscles. Heat compression works with calming music to make the experience even more enjoyable. Special features like adjustable size, soothing sounds, temple massage isolation, and traditional Chinese acupuncture help explain its popularity. At 4.1 pounds, it is a little heavier than similarly sized models.
Pro of the Pure Therapy PT200 Head Massager
- Good quality product
- Music is a fantastic feature and speakers are decent enough
- Provides a decent massage
- Excellent if you are dealing with migraines
Cons of the Pure Therapy PT200 Head Massager
- Neck nodes only vibrate
- Massage doesn’t provide enough force for some
- With the cost being as high as it is, many were expecting more
HoMedics HHP-350 Percussion Action Massager
Rating: 3.9 out of 5 Stars
Providing percussion force designed to massage your entire body, the HoMedics HHP-350 helps you take massage into your own hands. Targeting any part of your body that needs a massage, it is quite good when used along your neck and head. The dual pivoting heads and variable speed control add customizability to your massage experience. Finally, an ergonomic handle allows you to navigate 3 custom massage attachments to deliver the exact kind of massage you need at any given time. While there are better devices out there, few provide the quality of experience for such a low cost.
Pros of the HoMedics HHP-350
- A great, inexpensive device for aches and pains
- Lasts a long time
- Covered by a warranty that provides protection against early breaking
- Percussive force relaxing and effective
- Powerful enough for the majority of users
- Great if you have a bad neck
- Overall decent head massage
Cons of the HoMedics HHP-350
- Newer models are not as well designed as older models
- Only delivers a percussive force
- Some experienced issues with product quality either during delivery or with it falling apart after a few uses
- Beware it getting caught in hair
- Requires you manually operate
Features of a Good Head Massager
While this may sound like a good idea to you, you may be a little ignorant about exactly what to look for in finding a good head massager. Not every one of these devices is made the same, so there are features that you want to look for in terms of making your decision. Here are a few to consider:
Power Supply – while you get a longer life use by plugging your massager into the wall, this makes it a lot less convenient to use, a concern that many have. If this is a concern for you, you may want to look at some of the battery operated head massagers that are available.
Portability – maybe you want to take the massager with you while you travel. If this is the case, you want to find something that is a little smaller in size and easier for you to transport your suitcase or travel bag.
Number of Settings – you will find that some head massagers offer a lot more settings and features than some of the lower end models. This relates to the intensity, motion of the massager, and even the heating mechanism that may be used.
While considering these aspects of the massager, there are also some important things to pay attention to in making your decision. Look online to see what people have given for reviews related to the massager. If you are finding that it is getting bad reviews, this may not be the right choice for you.
With any electric product, you should always look to see if there is a warranty available. This is just simple protection for yourself. Even if the device you are buying comes highly recommended, it doesn’t mean that you won’t have difficulties with it. The longer the warranty, the greater the protection you will feel you have.
You should also consider what things matter to you most. If you want a lot of settings then you may need to spend a little bit more to get the head massager you truly desire. This is really just a matter of your own preferences.
Finding The Right Head Massager For Your Needs
As we reviewed before, a head massager can
- Improve the quality of your nights sleep
- Leave you feeling renewed and ready to start your day
- Help you relax your eyes, face, and neck through beneficial massage
- Can help your scalp and hair be fuller and more radiant
- Can leave you happier and more excited
- Provides a calming and pleasant experience
Finding the right head massager is all about identifying what your needs are and choosing based on that. Consider your price point as well. The more features a head massager has, the more expensive it will be. At the same time, price does not always mean quality. As the examples listed above illustrate, expensive models can still receive lower ratings if they do not provide the basic experience that you are looking for. Be sure to carefully read reviews and see what other people think.
Benefit of Head Massages
Head massage has a wide range of proven benefits that can make your more enjoyable. First, head massages have been found to help promote a sound sleep. Relaxing the muscles around your head and neck, the tension we hold in these parts of our body dissolve away. It also can relax the scalp and increase pliability and even stimulate new hair growth. Another important fact is that head massages can help to increase blood circulation in the head and neck.
Head massages have the added benefit of indirectly helping your hair. They can spread your hair’s natural oils around, causing the hair to be better lubricated and reduce the chance of it becoming dried out. Combining with an oil rub leads to increased protection against harsh weather as well as smoother more manageable hair. If nothing else, having a head massage, especially with short hair, can reduce split ends and lead to a healthier and happier head.
Head massages can also improve your mood. They have been known to help individuals relax by decreasing their anxiety, stress, and depression. Tasks often feel easier to approach afterwards, as you feel rejuvenated and refreshed. Similar to meditation, head massages can ease your thoughts and bring you to a settled state where interacting with the world around you is far more enjoyable.
If you want all the benefits of a head massage but don’t want to spend the money on a professional massage therapist, then consider getting a head massager. Portable, lightweight, and easy to use, head massagers don’t have to cost thousands of dollars to be effective. Above we review the leading head massagers you should review before placing your first order. Showing the best and worst of what is out there on the market, our list will give you a better idea of what qualities you should aim for and what qualities you should stay away from.
A head massager is a good idea because it can improve your overall health and reduce the stress you’re feeling. Simply make a choice that works for you and it will not be long before you are feeling a lot better and looking better as well.