Back pain is now a very common problem faced by almost 70% of the world’s population today. Back pain can be caused by an injury or accident. A lifestyle which requires prolonged sitting or a stooped posture can also cause back pain. Psychologists say that mental and emotional distress can also cause back pain.
Apart from these reasons, back pain can be even caused by bending to pick up an object. Whatever the reason, back pain is a real menace to deal with. Young people suffering from back pains can still bear it, but it can be very painful for people in old age. Initially, you will feel pains sometimes, and the pain is not severe, this is the starting off back pains. This should be ignored and should be treated for back pain relief. If left untreated then this will lead to chronic back pains which will be severe and require thorough therapies and treatments. Fortunately, there are many natural remedies and treatments for back pain relief.
Natural Remedies for Back Pain Relief
- The best remedy for back pain is to rest. The more you will rest the more back pain relief you will get.
- Getting a good night’s sleep is also recommended for back pain relief. Your body tends to renew itself when you sleep. If you are sleep deprived, you will face more pains.
- A natural way to treat any back pain is to stay active. Walking, cycling, jogging or just plain moving will cause blood movement in your body. Perform your daily activities along with rest and proper sleep. An active lifestyle is a healthy lifestyle.
- Hot and cold packs are an instant relief for back pain. Alternatively, apply hot pack and ice Applying these regularly will cure your back pain immensely.
- A straight and erect posture are important for back pain relief. If you tend to slouch while sitting and bending too much, then you are bound to get back pains. Try to sit straight and maintain a good posture for a healthy back.
- You can also change your sleeping position. Invest in a good mattress or even a back pain supporting the mattress. Sleeping on your side and placing a pillow between your legs is also good for back pain relief.
- If you are overweight, then this could also be a cause for back pain. Try to decrease your weight by eating healthy and cutting down on calories and exercising. Gentle exercising will help you lose weight and give relief from back pain.
- A great thing for back pain relief is relaxing. Relax, do what interests you and stay happy and positive. Relaxing is a medicine.
- Getting regular massages will also cure your back pain. Go to a spa and get a hot stone massage or an aromatherapy massage. You will be relaxed, pampered and get back pain relief.
- Over the counter painkillers and creams can also help reduce back pain.
- Including calcium, vitamins and omega-3 Fatty Acids in your diet will help you get back pain relief.
These were some of the natural remedies to cure back pain. However, if even after these remedies you still have back pain, then visit a doctor. A doctor will prescribe you the best treatment method.